Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Oh Well

Good pitching performance all around. Cliff Lee is pretty damn effective. He just gets outs which is the name of the game. Chien-Ming Wang did as much as he possibly could. I'll take 3 runs on 5 hits any day of the week.
Where has the hitting gone?
Without A-Rod, Posada and a legit table setter the Yankees look pedestrian. Damon is no longer a lead off guy. Sorry but Girardi has to experiment with moving him down in the order, he doesn't work the count, he can't run anymore. He's a fly ball hitter in this stage of his career. Matsui is the only guy hitting with any consistency in this lineup. Abreu is good at what he does but his approach just pisses me off. He never swings at the first pitch is always behind 0-2 and if I hear "he likes to hit with 2 strikes" again I'll stab myself in the eye with toothbrush.
That being said it is still relatively early and I'm not worried yet. This has been the norm for the Yankees for the past couple of years. The Red Sox are within striking distance. And no one has established themselves as the class of the AL. I see a trade in the future that gets them a pitcher I'd like to see an effort to get Roy Oswalt away from Houston or maybe if Milwaukee falls out of it they will trade Ben Sheets because they don't want to loose him at the end of the year.
Who knows. I sure as hell don't.

No comments: