Tuesday, May 6, 2008

10 Years

2 notable anniversaries.
  1. Kerry Wood-10 years ago he struck out 20 batters. WOW. 10 years.
  2. Roger Clemens- Last year he was so graciously welcomed back to the Bronx. "Oh my goodness gracious,"to quote Suzyn Waldman. What a sad sad year for Mr. Clemens.

Like I said in my previous post, I don't like to compare players until their careers are over. So all I was trying to say is that its hard to project players and no one would have said Bernie would be in monument park after his first 3 years. Plus, I only care what Yankee fans think of their players. Mets fans wouldn't know a good CF even if he grew out of the grass at Shea Stadium.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is without question that BK's post about Bernie was a bit overboard...however, like many true yank fans, it goes without saying that we are quite pleased with the play of Melk in center. Many predicted him to be 4th outfielder at best (even on a team of aging veterans). He's got a great clubhouse presence with his youth, and continues to contribute on both defense and offense. God bless,

mdub