Thursday, July 3, 2008

Yankees v Red Sox

What a great weekend this is going to be. Good weather, fireworks, grilling, pools and beer. All of these are great things. These are things that I love. But what is going to make my weekend?

Yankees-Red Sox.

You've got to be psyched if you're a Yankee fan right now. One night after an offensive outburst, the likes of which haven't been seen all year, the team with the most losses on the road come into The Cathedral, on the heels of being swept by the Rays. Oh by they way its The Bosses birthday weekend too.

So with this being The Bosses birthday weekend, I've got a feeling that Mr. Steinbrenner might be in attendance for some, if not all the games this weekend against the reeling BoSox. The Yankees have made it a habit of responding to criticism from the Steinbrenner's positively. Even this year with Hank at the helm.

Call me crazy like my Mets counter-part but I see a 4 game sweep. The highlight of which will be a through beating of the Sox on Friday (George's B-Day) and it will all culminate with a dominating performance by Joba in front of a national audience on Sunday.

Like I said call me crazy.

Let's Go Yankees.

See Yall on Monday.

No comments: