Friday, June 6, 2008

Game 1

Great way to start the NBA Finals. The Celtics really put it too the Lakers in the second half. I thought they did the a decent job vs Kobe by running different guys at him making it difficult for him to get free and ultimately tire him out. The C's better hope that Kobe doesn't get 26 shots again during this series because if he gets that many in any of the upcoming games he might go for 40 in every game.

Paul Pierce. Wow where to start. Willis Reed Jr., nah, I'm just kidding. What a joke that was. Now I don't question that he was hurt, I've had someone step on my shoe and me twist my knee during a game. Yes its painful but for Christ sake man, walk off on your own power or throw your arms around 2 teammates and limp off. The wheel chair was a bit much too. Who do you think you are? John Locke.

Finally, I'd just like to remind all of you that think the C's will ride the momentum of this game to sweep or win in 6. Way back in the 2001 Finals AI went off and carried the Sixers to win game 1 of that series. Eerie parallels to that game. The star of the team goes by his initials, that same star waited their entire career to get the the Finals and went off. (AI might have had better stats but KG's end of the game put back dunk ended the game with a little more than a minute to go)

The Lakers biggest weakness was exposed, rebounding, and it will continue to be exploited for the remainder of the series. Still, Lakers in 5.

No comments: